Sunday, October 5, 2014

San Francisco

OK so San Francisco was not all bad. If you take out the days Ryan was in the hospital, his mono, our crappy apartment, my 3 months of terribly bad morning sickness, and the gloomy weather in Daly City, it was a great summer :)
Whenever we were feeling OK we would leave Daly City and go exploring the Bay and surrounding areas in California. We had some fun times! Here are some summer highlights.

My cousin Macy and her husband Josh came to town and we got to hang out with them!
 Didn't get a picture together, this is Ry and I in China Town right before meeting up with them.

We went to the painted ladies park. This park is super famous and also
happens to be in the intro of Full House :) 

This is the Full House house! My favorite show growing up.
It's painted blue now but it's the same place!

We ventured out to Santa Cruz and explored the boardwalk and had some fun at the beach!

The Santa Cruz boardwalk was really cool! Lots of rides, games, and treats. This place though.. we couldn't believe it.
DEEP FRIED TWINKIES!! haha could you get any more unhealthy? Didn't try one. No regrets. haha

This was the first day I had felt good all summer. I was still nauseous all morning but in the
afternoon I was feeling good! I was so excited that my appetite had come back! While in Santa Cruz
 we went to this awesome Mexican restaurant! I was soooooo excited to be eating real food!!
Unfortunately... the second we got home all of this food was barfed up.
Yeah yeah I know TMI. It was still worth it though.
Whenever the weather got to the 60s-70s we would try to head to the beach!
We bought a grill and did a couple of cookouts on the beach. So fun!
Ryan went out of town for a business trip to Southern CA and lookie what he brought me home!!!!!
I grew up on these burritos. I never loved him more than when he brought these home :)

This is the inside of the tastiest BRC burrito in the world. Miguel's JR.

We discovered the best salsa ever. We stocked up on two different
occasions and bought all they had! I think we have 8-10 jars in the fridge right now :)

Ry's family came to visit! Here we are watching the sea lions

Gotta go to Ghirardelli square!

While the boys were on a bike ride, the girls got pedicures!

Mom Van on the top, Karli on right, my albino feet that never saw the sun on the left :) 

While Ry's family was in town we went on a bay cruise. It was really fun
and we even saw dolphins! It was pretty exciting!

Another cookout on the beach, this one was FREEZING.

We drove out to Napa to explore a bit. This was a cool looking castle/winery place

Here's my boy out front of his work! This is his office he's standing in front of. It's right across
from the ferry building. Really neat location and amazing view. I'm so proud of his hard work
 here this summer and looks like we may be headed back here next summer for his full-time job!

We drove to and around the Oakland temple. We were so excited to finally live close to a temple
 because the Chicago temple is 2-3 hours away from us in South Bend. However, this place was
closed ALL summer due to remodeling so unfortunately we never got to go inside. 

This was our first day in S.F. We rode the BART up to Ry's work and walked
around the city and Ferry building and got pizza.

The Pauls came out to visit and stayed with us in our luxurious and spacious apartment :)
We had lots of fun with them and found out that Jen is prego too! Our girls are due 2 weeks apart!

Another beach we discovered on a nice, sunny day.

Salesforce treated us to a Giants game. Really fun!
Can you tell we are beach people yet? We were always heading there any chance we got!
It's so soothing to be there. This beach is called Baker beach. It has a really pretty view of the golden gate bridge.
One of our Summer highlights! We went to Yosemite! So beautiful!

We caught some nasty weather but it made for this cool picure!
Ryan snapped it right as the lightning was striking the rock!

The wind/rain got pretty bad on one of the days but we still had fun

The giant sequoias really are giant.

Daaaaaang.

K this is picture makes me laugh because in about 20 minutes from this picture, I am in a VERY foul mood. LOL
We reached the "top" and got a really pretty view of the waterfall and as we are ready to head back down, this one hiker tells us we HAVE to keep going because the view at the top is so amazing and it's "only 15 more minutes." OK that hiker was a liar liar pants on fire. It was like 45 minutes of doing the stair climber. I wanted to DIE. not to mention I was sick to my stomach, STARVING, and had to pee sooooo freakin' bad with no bathrooms in sight. Don't worry, I left the trail and risked the fine by peeing in a national park. Good thing Ryan kept a good lookout for me. hah but it brings back funny pregnancy memories :) 
Bridal Veil Fall hike. This was right after I had barfed at the grocery store buying b-fast. It was hilarious.
 I just grabbed a plastic bag in the produce section and heaved into it. This hike was just what I needed on a
day like that. It was more of a nature walk. This day we took it easy and mostly did some driving around. 
These were the NICEST guys ever! We met them on a trail and just talked and hiked
 with them and their mom the whole time. They're from Iran. Super nice people!

We took a tour of Alcatraz. WAY cooler than I expected. It was fascinating. 

The cells are TINY!
The showers. no privacy. none at all. 
The Golden Gate Bridge. Pretty neat stuff. 



2 comments:

  1. Hahaha loved your home story about you in a foul mood :) so fun seeing all your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i'll just blame it on mood swings from pregnancy ;)

    ReplyDelete