Monday, October 20, 2014

Pregnancy Update


So I'm 26 weeks! Almost in my third trimester--can't wait! We are so excited for our baby girl to arrive. It feels like I've been pregnant forever! I am so anxious to meet our little girl :) I get giddy just thinking about having her here with us! Here's a few updates on my pregnancy so far. 

This is Josephine, one of my best friends! When I was in UT she confided in me that she was pregnant. I couldn't believe it! I had just found out a few days before that I was too! We discovered we were only 2 weeks apart! It has been so nice to have a close friend to talk to and go through all of these changes with. She's having a girl too! We're so excited for them to be friends!
My very first craving was a donut. Oh my gosh I wanted one SOOOO bad but I kept denying myself because I was trying to "be healthy" or whatever. I kept day dreaming about these Amish donuts back in Indiana. They call them "Amish crack."


If that is what crack is like, I totally understand why people get hooked. These donuts are unlike anything you've ever had. I couldn't stop thinking about them for like a month and a half! Soon enough every time I went to the store or watched a TV show there would be donuts everywhere calling out to me. Finally this baby and me couldn't take it anymore and I decided to try to MAKE them. This resulted in what was probably the biggest disappointment of my life. They were absolutely disgusting. We're talking burned on the outside and 100% dough on the inside. Of course I started crying (thank you pregnancy hormones) and when Ryan came home he insisted we go to Krispy Kreme. I didn't argue :) They aren't Amish but still. Krispy Kreme is yum.

Oh great. Now I want one. Where's Ryan? I think we need to run an errand...

The donut thing was kind of a one and done thing. Once I had one (ok actually three) I was satisfied and didn't crave them anymore. I was too sick to really want anything anyway. I pretty much lived off of crackers, soup, and otter pops for MONTHS. It was horrid. I felt so sick all summer long. I tried different brands of ginger-ale, ginger tea, Ematrol, preggie pops, some kind of nausea drops from Wholefoods, Sea Bands etc. Nothing seemed to help. I just had to deal with it and learned a valuable lesson (a little too late) to always carry a barf bag with me. It came and went so sometimes I got a good meal in but for the most part I just felt really sick. The throwing up eventually slowed down and stopped around 19 weeks. I've only barfed a few times since then which is great. I'm still nauseous everyday but I finally got some medicine at my appointment this week to help with that.

I had the donut craving. I really loved peaches for a while and fruit in general. And I have been craving caesar salads so bad! I always want caesar salad! Other than that I haven't had a ton of cravings. EXCEPT for sour candy. So weird. I don't get it. I've never been a sour candy girl. Guess our baby is! :)

This boy bringing me sour candy home :) Oh how I love him. 
K i found these at an Asian market. They're sooooo good and super sourly delicious :)

 Baby purchases so far...
This is our baby's first piece of clothing! :) Thank you to
Ryan's parents for this hilarious gift when they came out to visit!
Once we found out we were having a girl, I had to go shopping :) I found this swim suit for two bucks!
Had to get it. Never mind that she won't actually fit into it until she's two years old. It's just too cute to pass up! :)

We've gotten so lucky with getting free/cheap stuff! The minute we pulled into our parking lot in Indiana, we found these by the dumpster!!!

 

Um who throws that away? They were in pretty spanking good shape and easily could've been sold. All I had to do was get a good lysol scrubbing in to sanitize it all. Also, we got a pack-n-play for 20 bucks from a friend, and a simple little foldable stroller and carseat for free from another friend. Our ward is chock-full of young families so we have gotten so lucky to have inherited lots of hand-me-downs from sweet momma friends in the ward. It's so fun to see this baby stuff in our house! It makes everything feel so much more real and makes us so excited and anxious for our girl to arrive! 

Since we're moving a few months after our baby is born we won't buy a crib till we move into our new place. In the mean time we will use a bassinet. I found this one for 15 bucks! :)


K these are the cutest shoes in the universe am I right?

Now come the baby bump pictures! 

It's been interesting... in the last few weeks/month my bump has certainly done some growing! I've been amazed at how comfortable people are with commenting on my belly/size. Here are a few of my favorite comments so far...

"Wow! I can't believe how big you're getting already!"
"When are you due again? Oh wow! I would've thought you were further along based on your size."
"I don't think I even got as big as you my whole pregnancy."

Yes. These are a few real comments I've received. Some people have no fear to say what they're thinking...  I recently read an article that reminded me of some of these comments. Couldn't agree with it more! You can check out the article here.

Pregnancy has been so hard. I had no idea how hard it would be. I think it's one of the hardest things I've ever done. Being sick all the time is NOT fun. Not to mention all the other stuff on top of it like crying so easily and being more exhausted than I've ever been before. However, I am so so grateful to be pregnant. I'm so happy I get to have a baby with my amazing husband and I absolutely love feeling our baby girl move around inside of me. Pregnancy is just the craziest, most wonderful phenomenon.
Feeling our girl's kicks is my favorite thing everyday! I love it so much! She's getting a lot stronger and her kicks are becoming more frequent and a lot more noticeable. Ryan has loved being able to feel her kicks too, so fun :)


We've got an ultrasound coming up this week. It is so much fun to watch our baby on the screen. Gosh we love her so much already. I seriously cannot wait to hold her and have her here in our family. 


3 comments:

  1. Haha love your comments! You are so cute! Thanks for the pics of your growing baby bump. So weird to not get to see it in person! Can't wait to get our new little granddaughter here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are my comments really not posting??

    ReplyDelete
  3. well this is the 3rd time I've typed this.. haha! I LOVE your pictures!! Thanks for posting them :) You look great! And you really don't look as big as all the comments made you sound haha!! You will love being a mom-there is no better thing! Not too much longer and your little girl will be here!!
    PS, I didn't know you were teaching seminary!! I bet you are the best teacher, so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete