Sunday, January 18, 2015

Baby Showers

I just realized I never blogged about all of my baby showers! I already blogged about our trip to Utah and the wonderful baby shower I had out there. But I haven't blogged about the others! I have been so lucky to have been showered with so much love and so many fun gifts at several baby showers! It's been a lot of fun.

The first shower was a group shower for our ward. There are four of us that are all due within a few weeks of each other so our friends Miriam and Mary-Elizabeth threw us a joint baby shower. It was a lot of fun. One of my favorite parts was that they asked all of the husbands to write a letter to their wife about why they think she'll be a good mother. Of course I am biased but I thought my letter from Ryan was the best! :) It meant a lot to me and was so sweet! He is gonna be a wonderful father. Since the shower was for so many of us they took cash and split it up between all of us so it was nice to use it to get what we needed. I used it towards a baby monitor and a diaper bag.

All of us girls and our prego bellies

From left to right- Janna was due mid January? and just had her baby! Andrea was due beginning of Jan
 and also had her baby. I'm due Jan 22 obviously still waiting :) and Janelle is due in mid February.

Here's my "diaper bag" I picked out. More like a really cute, bigger purse. I love it!

My family threw a beautiful shower for me when I was in Utah over Thanksgiving break. It was so much fun to see everyone. And we were definitely showered with a bunch of cute gifts!


I already blogged about this shower. You can read more about it here.

Back in South Bend a few of my friends threw a shower for me. Jessica Benscoter and Monica Henry have husbands in Ryan's business program and we have all become great friends! We do lots of dinner groups together and Jessica is a photographer and has helped me a ton with photography and has been such an incredible friend. I seriously love these girls so much! They offered to throw this shower for me. We had a great time. It included a surprise interview from Ryan. They had asked him all sorts of fun questions. For example, what will baby's first word be? What will she do that most terrifies you? How old will she be when she goes on her first date? What traits do you hope she gets from each of you? They read each question to me and asked for my response and then read Ryan's responses. Ryan's answers were really funny--a lot of them had to do with being an over-protective dad and how he's scared for her to date and how he will have a shotgun ready and be sure to get the boy's social security number :) Overall, the shower was a lot of fun. I'm lucky to have these girls as friends!

These are some of my amazing South Bend friends. Love these girls!

From Left to Right: Dani, Jane, Denise, Me, Jessica, Monica

I was teaching early-morning seminary in the fall. My class was really excited for me to have a baby, and the teacher that I co-taught with asked if they could throw a baby shower for me. So one early morning, I headed to class and they had this cute shower all set up for me.

My seminary kids decorated it so cute.

One of the yummy treats at the shower made by a seminary student!

We played a game where everyone got some salt dough and everyone had to create what my baby will look like.
Some of them were pretty ugly haha :) This one was so cute. It was the winner.

I wasn't sure that I was going to have a baby shower since I've been living so far away from home while I've been pregnant. Needless to say, I was really surprised by the outpouring of friendship and love I have received out here! I am so grateful for all the people who have been so nice and generous and have really helped us get a great start with our baby. I am so lucky to have all the friends and the ward family that we have out here. We were definitely showered with a lot of love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment