Sunday, January 18, 2015

2015 Updates

It's 2015!! Hallelujah! Our baby is almost here and I am ALMOST DONE being pregnant!! YAY!!!!!

Here are some updates since the start of 2015.

I am done nannying. I really loved the kids and the family I nannied. They are such awesome people and the kids were really fun and entertaining. Once the new year came, I stopped working and it's been nice to have the last couple of weeks to prepare for our baby! I will definitely miss those kids though! I love them a lot but am excited to get my own kid here :)

My little Deya friend. Such a cute girl! She would run to me, calling my name every morning
 when I walked in the door and she had the BIGGEST crush on Ryan. Such a cutie! 

Dominic, Dylan, Deya and I. These kids are so awesome. Very energetic and obedient. The only time they would fight was over who got to do the dishes! haha they seriously would argue over that. They loved helping me! 

For New Year's Eve Ryan and I stayed home in our cozy sweats/pajamas and watched a movie. Back when we moved to California from Indiana, we listened to the audiobook of "The Maze Runner." We had heard how amazing it was and downloaded it for the long drive. Oh my gosh. WORST book EVER. So poorly written! It was almost torture to listen to it. We ended up making fun of the writing most of the time. It does have an intriguing plot line though so we finished the audiobook and have been looking forward to seeing the movie. We rented the movie on New Years and holy cow it was way better than the book! I still fell asleep (oops! :) I'll blame pregnancy for being tired).  The parts I saw were good though :) and Ryan seemed to like the movie too. It wasn't our favorite but much much better than the book and an entertaining movie. We toasted our sparkling cider at midnight and had some nice smooches too :)


Ryan had a good long break off of school, about a month! It was so much fun to be together all day everyday. We really are best friends so we had a blast. I could never get sick of him. I wish we could spend ALL day EVERY day together! We watched Arrow a lot on Netflix and spent a lot of time getting ready for our baby. Ry put together the baby swing, carseat/stroller, and I organized all of the baby stuff! We did some cleaning and just getting last minute things ready for our little girl's arrival.

We also bought a new car! Ryan's current car is a silver Chevy Malibu. It has seriously become a money pit and is starting to fall apart. Just last week we found out that the steering wheel shaft needs to be replaced and it's deemed "dangerous to drive" until repaired. We had to take it into the dealer to get THREE factory recalls fixed. Luckily, all of that is paid for by Chevy but the steering wheel problem is something we will have to fix on our own. They quoted the repair for $1100!!! The blue book value of the car is only $2200 so that's a ludicrous amount of money to put into the car right now. However, we really can't get anything out of the car unless we repair it so we are currently shopping around now for a cheaper repair estimate. Then we will get rid of it as soon as we can! :)

This is hilarious but our new car also happens to be a silver Chevy Malibu! ha it's a 2011 though and only has about 50,000 miles so it's in way better shape and we got an amazing deal on it! It really came at a great time considering that Ryan's car is currently un-drivable. Since we bought it through the church/my Dad, the car was in Utah. My little brother Roah was so nice and volunteered to drive it out here for us! He came out and stayed with us a couple of days and then we flew him back home. It was great to see him and fun to get our new car here.




We took Roah to Amish country. Usually there's a lot of fun stuff to do but for some reason EVERYTHING was closed. We went to Middlebury and our favorite place, Rise-n-Roll, was closed!  Then we went to Shipshewanna and pretty much everything was closed there so we went out to Nappanee and Rise-n-Roll was closed out there too! Bummer! We tried. 

We took Roah to an Irish pub for an Irish dinner. It was fun. This place is really popular around here.

I love my Notre Damer!

In Chicago at our favorite place! Giordano's!  
Giordano's is the BEST place for Chicago deep dish pizza! 

Ryan and I are excited to head into 2015! We have our baby girl coming any day now, Ryan is graduating from Notre Dame in the Spring, and then this summer we are moving to the Bay Area for Ryan to start his new job at Salesforce! Lots of changes and lots to look forward to. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Love that you got a new car!! Devin and I watch arrow too! We are all caught up and the most recent episode in season 3 was so dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you guys watched it too! We just finished season 2 and we were loving the finale! so good! We're excited for season 3-that stinks that the recent episode was lame. I'm worried they're gonna bring Barry back with some stupid super power. I just want it to be normal-no more super powers/super strength. Hopefully it will get better after the episode you watched!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like season 3! It has some good twists. Barry actually is apart of another TV show called "the flash" and actually you have to watch it along with season 3 of arrow. There are a couple of episodes that go one right after the other. It's kinda fun to have two shows connect!

      Delete
  3. Cool! We will have to check out that show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the car. I had the same problems with my Chevy Malibu and eventually had trade it in for a Ford. Good to hear that things are going well with family. Congratulations on the new baby and good luck with your relocation. Oh, and next time your out for pizza in Chicago, you have to try Gino's - its the BEST!

    ReplyDelete