Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Utah Valley Parade of Homes

I LOVED the parade of homes this year! They had so many beautiful homes. It was so fun to see so much unique design and to see how beautifully decorated they were. I took tons of pictures and was really inspired by a lot. It made me excited to decorate our new apartment in California, even though I know it'll be on a very different scale. :)  I went to some of the homes with my family and some with Ryan and Riley. If we lived in Utah I would totally go to this every year. Here are some pictures of some highlights for me!

This was at our FAVORITE house. It was the one right on Westfield Rd. I loved it so much! It was seriously my dream house. I loved the way they decorated it. It was such a happy house! 
The front room. One of my FAVE things about this house was how all of the furniture pillows etc. didn't match but yet they totally went together. I loved how she mismatched different couches, chairs, fabrics together. 

See how the pillows don't match necessarily but they totally go together. That's how this whole house was. I loved it!

Here are the stairs. So gorgeous! Love the dark wood and the white. 
The kitchen!!!! My favorite I have ever ever seen. I love that she chose such a bright color to do the island in!
Can you just imagine this being my house? ;)
The powder room on the main floor. CUTEST vanity. Love how they mixed country chic and modernized it with the sink!
Girl's room/bathroom love this backsplash in the bathroom and the bed in the girls room!
I am crazy about the exposed brick. It's so cool. Also, look to the right...that is a SLIDE to a foam pit in the basement! Wouldn't that be so fun? I Want this in my house someday. 

                                     This is the foam pit where the slide come out to. So fun!

They have a stage too with tons of dress ups for the kids. way fun 
See Riley feels right at home here. I think we need this house. 
The woman who owns this house has her own office. So feminine and pretty.
The Master bedroom. Really cool light fixture. Also, loved the paint color. 
CRAZY for this crib and the beding in it. THE cutest lemon sheets and pillows. This would be exactly how I would want to do Riley's bed. It's my fave! Love how happy it is.
I loved this reading nook. Happy place

The cutest little play house.
This play house is awesome too! So many of the PofH had really awesome play houses.
Look at this gorgeous bedding. I love that the bed itself has a pattern. I also REALLY love mirrored cabinets. So beautiful.
More beautiful bedding.
I think this wallpaper is so pretty but I don't know if I would be brave enough to try something like this. The contrast between the wall and the colorful bedding is fabulous.
Another patterned bed. I LOVE the patterned beds. So beautiful. And more wallpaper. Apparently it's making a comeback!
Ryan loved this banister. Not my fave but Ry really liked it! It's not what I would want in my house but I do think it's cool.
I love when the kitchen/family room/upstairs are all connected. I love the openness of it and I love all of the natural light too
Same type of floor plan as the one above. Love the open feel. 
Pretty kitchen. Cool light fixtures. 
Super cool ceiling. 
I like the setup of these bunks! So great how you have two up top and a bigger one below. 
OK this shower was huge. Check it out! About to go in...
And there it is. HUGE! Multiple shower heads and a bath INSIDE of the shower!
Look at this gorgeous bathroom. I Love free-standing tubs. And walk in closets...I think they'd make any girl drool.
OK this shower has a TV inside of it! Crazy.
The knobs on the drawers here are gorgeous. They're unique crystal type rocks. So pretty
I love this wallpaper! Ryan wasn't too crazy about it but I love it. Love it as an accent wall so it's not so busy.
Love this faucet. So cool! Never saw one like this before. 
Such a pretty backsplash!
The colored countertop is fun.
I love subway tile. That tiling in the bath is so pretty. I also love the patterned tile floor and I am always happy about a colored vanity though I'm not crazy about the distressing or the pulls.
The color of this vanity is perfect!
The outside of this house is beautiful!
Basement family room
Like these built-ins
This is awesome! Having a rock wall with a foam pit below so you aren't worried about falling off.  
Same house as above. Has a basketball court and.... 
An indoor racquetball court. Super cool!
Same house as the last few pictures from above. The pool and pool house--WOW! So nice! I didn't catch a picture of it, but the view of the mountains from this backyard was incredible.
Lookie lookie what they had in the garage. 
I really like this idea to hold kid's art work. 

To sum it up, the Utah Valley Parade of Homes was so much fun. I really loved it! It is so inspiring to see what other people do with their homes and how to make the most of your space. It also helped me to figure out more of what my style is. I am realizing how much I loooooove the use of color and mismatching patterns and fabrics. I love when you walk into a house and it just feels happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment