Monday, September 16, 2013

Happy Things

Lookie what we found for a super duper awesome deal on craigslist this weekend? 


We are so excited to hopefully not get extremely fat during the snowy months.  And we are keeping our fingers crossed that it won't bug our downstairs neighbor...


Speaking of exercise... I made these delectable little darlings yesterday and they turned out marvelously.

In case you can't tell... they are eclairs and they are very yummy. I thought of my Brookie Lou (who is pro at these) the whole time and wished we were making them together. It was my first time making them. PLUS, I have the world's most ghetto oven which loves to hurt my feelings by burning EVERYTHING I bake. I have to bake everything at least 200 degrees lower and it never tastes right. So we prayed that it'd work for the first time ever and thanks to Heavenly Father, they turned out so good and I was dancing around singing opera about how happy I was that my treats turned out so deliciously! 
PS the maintenence man called today :) He is bringing our new oven tomorrow


Also, as a side note- the lady we bought the treadmill from was going through a divorce. I just felt so bad for her.  You could tell she was really having a tough time. She had sad eyes.  As we drove away I just kept thinking about her and really wanted to turn around and talk to her. So we did. I wrote Mormon.org on a piece of paper and told her we were Mormons.  I said we knew she must be going through a really rough time and that our religion has brought us so much happiness.  We gave her the site address and I just told her that I knew that God loves her and we hoped everything would work out for her. As we drove away I started to cry.  When I told her that I knew that God loved her- I could really feel that He did. The spirit totally bore witness to me that God really does love ALL of his children.  I just know that.  

2 comments:

  1. Glad your eclairs turned out good!! :) And so glad that you went back and helped that lady- I bet she so appreciated what you said!!

    ReplyDelete