Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Catching Up--Mostly September and a Bit of October

So here I am STILL catching up on our blog. But I am getting close! I got so behind and now the end is in sight! haha I am almost ready to be able to blog present day. Then I hope to never get so far behind ever again. It's so much harder to blog when I get behind because I don't want to miss anything! Especially because we are going through a big change right now with moving to a new place, Ry starting a new job, and Riley growing like a weed--of course that would be the CUTEST weed of all time--(and if we're keeping score that weed would be a Sunflower, no contest). So here we go! A bunch more pics and updates of life as of late and a million pics of our beautiful little sunflower.

Riley loved her first time on the swings!
Ry had Dreamforce which is Salesforce's BIG deal conference. It kept him super busy. He did a great job on everything he worked on for it and we are really proud of him!
One of the things Ry really loved about Dreamforce was that they had the Foo Fighters and The Killers come do a concert. Ry loves The Killers and had a great time at the concert with his co workers! 
Ry isn't really loving his commute...haha you can see why. Usually he can get a seat on the way to work in the morning (depending on when he leaves) and he doesn't mind that so much because then he can relax more and read a good book. The way home is realllllllly super crowded though and I'm sure not very enjoyable. 
Ryan texts me when he gets off of BART and as long as Riley isn't asleep, we will walk across the street to greet him and walk home with him. It's one of our favorite parts of the day. Riley is always SO happy to see her daddy. It is positively adorable. 
Daddy squeezes
Riley girl is loving the whole eating-real-food thing.
Loooooovvvvving it. 
I use this mesh pouch thing a lot! I put all sorts of things in here and don't have to worry about choking. Bananas are prob her favorite but we do strawberries, peaches, beans etc. in there. 
Riley and I go to the pool at least every week! She loves to splash. I usually invite a friend from the ward to come meet up with us there. Sometimes Riley and I just go by ourselves though and sit on the step and splash for a while. We've had temps in the 80s and 90s (or even higher) in September. We even went swimming in the beginning of October. We love that it stays warm for longer! We froze out in Indiana so it's nice to have warmer weather now.


More Pool Days!
Riley is my little shopping buddy. She runs ALL my errands with me and is usually pretty good and fun to have along with me.   
This was the FIRST time Riley sat upright in the stroller and she was having the time of her life!!! haha we couldn't help but laugh. It was like she was on a baby roller coaster or something!
She kept holding onto the tray in front and you could tell she felt so happy and proud to be sitting upright and looking out at the world! She kept smiling at people and they would all smile and wave back. It was pretty cute.  
Riley's hair is getting pretty long! I love putting little pony tails in the top with bows. The back is kinda mullet-esque but we still love it! It's fun to play with!
Look how sweet Riley looks here. Sometimes I lie down on the bed with her to get her to go to sleep for her nap. It's a special time. I love when she falls asleep and I can just look at my peaceful little baby. This was so cute when she fell asleep holding onto me. Heart melted.
Family Beach Day! We went to Alameda Beach. Honestly...not our favorite but it is probably the closest one to us. It was a warm day so we got in the water, even Riley! She had been to Silver Beach in Indiana but this was her first time to the Ocean! 
Riley just workin' on her tan :) 
This chica could not get any cuter! She has such a happy spirit about her and I just absolutely love hanging out with her all day. 
Model shot. I mean seriously. She is gorgeous. Am I right?
We have a nice park about 3/4-1 mile away so we walk over there pretty often to play on the swings. Riley LOVES to swing! Every time she will get so excited and giggle. 
She loves bath time. Of course. Who doesn't? 
I thought this outfit was so cute. Ryan always wants Riley to wear stuff that says something about Daddy. haha He loved this little shirt for her. 
We let Riley stay up way too late...We like to hang out and watch shows together. She pretty much goes to bed when we do.
And when she falls asleep in your arms it is SO hard to set her down. She is growing up so quick that these moments are numbered :( 
My friend Ali Lalor came to San Francisco to meet up with her mom and I got to go out to brunch with her. We went to Sweet Maple's in San Francisco and it was amazing! 
We had a great time with Ali! She's hilarious. 
Riley liked hanging out in a basket while I folded laundry. This was a good trick for the first time or two but now she doesn't like it too much anymore. She likes the chance to crawl around and explore and UNfold the laundry.

We are having fun making friends in our new ward! This is at Lara Carbine's and Kaylee Mason's b-day party.
At Keziah's baby shower. Another new friend from my ward. She is having TWIN boys! Good luck ;)
The cutest picture! Riley was LOVING being serenaded by Daddy. It was so adorable.
At the Oakland temple right before Stake Conference.
Riley's 7 month appointment (We missed her 6th...)
Weight: 19lbs 4 oz.--85 percentile--chubbalicious
Height: 26 inches--26 percentile--shorty pants 
Riley is very good at backwards crawling and ends up getting stuck under all sorts of furniture :)
See?
haha and again. She is just getting trapped under furniture all day long by crawling backwards. I think it is so funny! 
As Riley grows, I have to put more and more of her little clothes away in boxes. It breaks my heart every time. I miss her as a baby even though I love the little girl she is becoming. It's such a weird thing. I love the new stages of growth and the personality that is coming through but at the same time I miss that little newborn she used to be too. It's really true that our kids just grow up too fast!
Treasuring this little girl as long as I can. 

And now getting ready for fall to hit and for Halloween and our trip to Utah!


No comments:

Post a Comment