Friday, June 27, 2014

Our Trip to NYC

Our friends Wes and Anna convinced us to do a spontaneous trip to New York City. I always wanted to go see the Big Apple and we were so excited to go experience NYC! It was a fun adventure. 
Here are some highlights from our trip!


It was POURING when we got to the airport!! We were all drenched!
It was a pretty exciting way to start the trip!




         First Taxi Ride!







Wes and Anna at Times Square

Ry and I at Times Square
We got to see Wicked!! I have loved the soundtrack for years
 and was so excited to see it on Broadway!
The set of Wicked. We had some pretty awesome seats!

We also got to see Aladin on Broadway. It was hilarious! SO entertaining.
The genie was the BEST! He absolutely made the whole show!
At the Park with Ryan and the cool skyline on the way to the Met
At the Metropolitan Museum of Art

 My favorite part of the Met was seeing the original Monet Artwork! and the Van Gogh's too! So cool!




Central Park with my handsome Ry
Statue of Liberty!

My sweet little niece Emery was born while we were in NYC.
 Love her so much!


We went to Ground Zero and got to spend some good time there.
 There was a really special, sobering spirit there. 

9-11 Memorial
The names of those who were killed on 9-11. Very sobering. 


Beautiful Memorial



One of the new World Trade Center buildings
At Ellis Island

You know you have the best husband when he is
willing to carry your pink purse for you around NYC :)

Riding the subway!

We went to the top of the Rockefeller Center at night. The view was incredible.
We couldn't stop taking pictures. The view was so amazing. 







I got to see my cousin Katie and her son who live out in NYC
So fun to see them! 

Such a cutie!
My cousin Ian does carriage rides through Central Park and
was so nice to give us a free ride through the park. It was so fun!

Wes and Anna on the carriage ride

NY style pizza! 

We saw one of the naked cowboys while
grabbing the world's best cheesecake at Juniors.
I can't find the picture but it really was the BEST CHEESECAKE EVER.










3 comments:

  1. Baley this looks so fun!!! I LOVE all your pictures!! Holy cow they look so professional- (and the ones from your family reunion too!) Can you give me some photography tips??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Brookie you are so nice! Thanks! I am having lots of fun learning how to use my camera. There is a lot more to it than I realized! But you are great and inspired me on our Alaska trip to get my own camera! Especially once our baby comes! I want to be able to take pictures of him or her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics from the top of the rock are amazing!!!! This makes me miss NY and want to go back sooo bad! So glad you guys came with us :)

    ReplyDelete